Become a better GRE tutor
After tutoring the GRE for 14 years and publishing GRE books, courses, and apps, I know a thing or two about what it takes to be a good GRE tutor.
GRE prep is the only kind of tutoring I do. I made well over $100,000 in 2022 from tutoring, classes, and courses while working from home and working on average less than 20 hours a week. Now that the GRE is accepted for graduate, business, and law school, it's a great time to add GRE prep to your tutoring repertoire.
If you're a current or prospective GRE tutor who is interested in working with me directly to improve your skills and grow your business, below are the two ways I can help you.
Please note: I do not provide any consulting or training services for tutors based in the San Diego, CA area.
#1: Mastermind Session
We'll schedule a one-hour phone or Zoom call to talk through anything you want related to your GRE tutoring business. You'll get the benefit of my 12 years of experience, so you can achieve your goals more efficiently and avoid the mistakes I made!
Here's a partial list of topics I can help you with:
- business plan feedback
- finding new and better clients
- getting started with videos
- creating a video course for passive income
- creating more effective study plans for your tutoring students
- explaining strategies in ways students can understand and use
- assigning the right kind of homework
- using the most effective materials
- working with low, medium, and high scorers
- dealing with clients' specific challenges for verbal and math
- improving your website's design, content, and SEO
- using social media to stand out and attract clients
- how to differentiate yourself from your local competitors
- how to hire and train new tutors for your business
- figuring out what to charge for your services
- how to partner with organizations in your community
- how to ask and get effective online reviews
- establishing a referral program
- how to self-publish on Amazon
- how to help GRE clients write their personal statements
After our first Mastermind session, you can schedule additional phone or Zoom consulting as desired. The Mastermind session is $395; all subsequent consulting is $345 per hour. Payments can be made on my payments page.
Questions? Email me.
#2: Complete GRE Tutoring Business Audit
This is a comprehensive overview of your GRE tutoring business, strategy, and tactics.
We start out with a questionnaire and one-hour call so I can learn as much as I can about your current situation, challenges, and goals. Then, I personally analyze every aspect of your tutoring business and deliver:
- a detailed analysis of your situation
- a report outlining 20 to 30 specific action items for you to do to improve
- Three one-hour follow-up calls (scheduled anytime after I send your report) to address any questions you have
You walk away with a step-by-step guide to becoming a better tutor and growing your business. Of course, then it's up to you to do the work I suggest.
The GRE Tutoring Business Audit is a one-time investment of $4500 and can be paid for on my payments page.
Questions? Email me.
I'm looking forward to helping you achieve your GRE tutoring goals!
- Vince Kotchian